A melodica and acoustic guitar piece – "Winter at sea"

Homepage Forums Members’ melodica recordings A melodica and acoustic guitar piece – "Winter at sea"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone!
    I would like to share this musical composition for melodica and acoustic guitar. It is a partnership between me and a guitarist friend. Actually, it’s my first composition I ever made! Hope you like it!

It was also recorded and mixed by me, activities that I do in an amateur and self-taught way. Unfortunately, knowing that more than 60% of people watching YouTube do this on their cell phone (which has lousy speakers), I had to turn down the volume of the melodica so it didn’t sound too shrill. Whoever listens only through the speaker phone will find it ok, but with headphones the volume of the melodica is lower than I would like. I couldn’t mix in a way that sounded good on all kinds of speakers. If anyone has tips on how to do this, I would appreciate it!

Participant

Very Nice Andre, Please share more with us. I wanted you a question on your video # 18 “Qual marca de escaleta comprar? #18” I notice at 3:10 you have a photo of the Hohner “Solist” is this Hohner popular in Brazil, the only one I have ever seen is the one I own. Do you have anymore information on this Melodica? if so can you please share I would like to know the history,
    Melodica-Me

Participant

Hello, Melodica-me. Unfortunately Hohner Solist is not common in Brazil. Actually, I read about it here on the forum, so I don’t have more information than you and I know that it is a very rare model. In this part of the video I was talking about professional melodicas models, so I used a picture of the Solist as an illustration. I found it looking at Google (by the way, perhaps it is your model, I hope it’s not a problem).

Participant

Hello Andre, I have been looking for information for the Soloist for a few years on may sites but have not found any information on it and was hoping you may have seen one in your country. The only information In received from Hohner (USA) was that it may have been made for a special event or for a specific client. The response from Hohner (Germany) could not find a production report and was not sure where it originated. Alan Briton, has a Hohner International that does not look like a typical Hohner melodica but carries the name “Hohner International F32”
    (see site below)

Have you seen one of these in Brazil?

By the way, yes it is my Solist and absolutely no problem posting any of my photos.
    Thanks
    Melodica-Me

Participant

I think the Hohner International 32 was probably manufactured in Brazil.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.