Study with Hohner Piano 26, Vox Amp, Harp Delay, and Moog Delay

Homepage Forums Members’ melodica recordings Study with Hohner Piano 26, Vox Amp, Harp Delay, and Moog Delay

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  beezer 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi,

I just thought I would post this study for those who may have an interest in listening to me jam around in a solo format for 8 minutes. 🙂 Well, let me make that sound a bit more interesting.

This was a down and dirty study of using a Hohner Piano 26 and a Vox AC10C1 guitar amp. The signal chain was keyboard harmonica to a Shure SM57 mic directly into the Vox. That is it. Mic and amp. I connected a decent quality shotgun mic to my pocket recorder and placed the mic in front of the amp’s speaker.

No signal processing or effects at all except for the amp’s on-board reverb in the first part of the recording. Deep into the recording I add some delay and I note that in the recording.

I like this setup a lot for a raw sound for electric blues. I can get a nice clean sound, or when I lay into the mic and amp, it gets dirty dirty dirty. This recording also shows some of the modulations possible with the Piano 26.

This is just a jam, so I will probably only leave this recording up for a few days. I am going to try to get serious about a high quality blues recording this weekend, playing behind a nice blues backing track using my hard disk recorder. I will post the results of that on my SoundCloud page.

Click here for the recording.

Regards,

Lowboy

Melanie Undem
    Participant

awesome and inspiring – i am a new melodica player and man am i appreciating -thanks all for their sharings…uplifting! its going to be a great new year!!

beezer
    Participant

Lowboy – I’m glad i caught this before you take it down.
    Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.