Show Us Your Melodica Photos and Artwork–Thread No. 2

Homepage Forums General melodica discussion Show Us Your Melodica Photos and Artwork–Thread No. 2

This topic contains 35 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Alan Brinton 2 days, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Lowboy
    Participant

Pitch, modulation, filter frequency, loudness contourMelodica photo, photo of melodica

Lowboy
    Participant

Cutoff frequency, noise, filter attackMelodica photo, photo of melodica

Cutoff frequency, noise, filter attack–No photo effectsMelodica photo

Lowboy
    Participant

Yellow melodica with Hammond organ, posterizedYellow Melodica and Hammond Organ

Lowboy
    Participant

Two Great MelodicasTwo Great Melodicas

These are two of the best sounding melodicas at any price. The Hohner 27 is the darkest, smoothest melodica I ever heard. The Suzuki Student 25, so generously provided to me by our own Alan Brinton, is rich and wide in frequencies like a fine accordion, yet always smooth. Both melodicas are in perfect tune and both melodicas play more softly than most, making them perfect for accompanying acoustic guitar. I don’t play them very often, but when played without amplification, they have no peer in my mind.

Lowboy

Daren Banarsë
    Daren Banarsë
    Keymaster

I love this photo!

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I also love this photo, and it’s a timely reminder for me of tne special qualities of the original Piano 27. I’m headed out in the morning for two weeks on the Oregon coast, and by gum I’m taking one along with me to play as I while away my time. And that Suzuki is also something very special. If I could have only one melodica, that would be it. The small keys, from my point of view, are integral to the aesthetic of these two model, to the intimacy of the playing experience.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.