Paul Oscher Playing Melodica with Muddy Waters

Homepage Forums General melodica discussion Paul Oscher Playing Melodica with Muddy Waters

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alan Brinton 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Melodicans,

I was watching some old performances of Muddy Waters’ band and low and behold there is Paul Oscher playing melodica with Waters in 1972. Go to 13:50 and about 18:30 on the video.

Paul Oscher playing melodica

Then on Paul’s website, he says:

Q: Does any of your equipment date back to your time in Muddy’s band?

A: Yes, I have a road case that was given to me by Muddy and it was bigger then my attaché case I’d been using for my harps. It’s 20in x14in x 9in. I might sell it if a get a big enough offer. I also have a guitar that was given to me by Muddy, but I’m not selling that anytime soon. I needed a bigger case to hold a Hohner 36 melodica and my harps and mic. Muddy liked that melodica — he called it a piano harp and I recorded with it through a Leslie speaker; it sounds just like a Hammond B3. By the way, I was the first to use melodica in the blues.

Lowboy

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by  Lowboy.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

What a great find! That’s probably a Hohner Piano 36, you think? The melodica sounds good, but there’s this Western Massachusetts guy who has significantly raised the blues melodica bar of late.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.